Architect / Urban Designer
John G. Williams Limited, Architect has been providing architectural, urban design and planning consulting services to the land development industry since the 1970’s. Specializing in Architectural Control and community design visioning, our firm’s main focus is to obtain a high standard of design quality for the built environment and to enhance the streetscape appearance of new communities. Our team of dedicated professionals takes pride in our portfolio of award-winning projects and our proven track record as leaders in the field of architectural control within southern Ontario. We are located in Richmond Hill, conveniently close to the 404.
- Must be an Architect registered with the Ontario Association of Architects.
- Considerable experience in urban design with low- to mid-rise residential architecture and preparing alternative elevations, built form and site plan scenarios.
- Keen understanding of GTA residential design and market trends.
- Experience in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must understand residential design principles and be able to identify architectural styles.
- Must understand and communicate the regulatory conditions, codes, and requirements for design and construction.
- Engage in Business Development activities for the firm.
- Ensure that Customer Service levels are maintained at the highest levels.
- Prepare Design Guidelines for clients.
- Conduct peer review of a variety of architectural submissions.
- Manage the firm’s Architectural Control Submission Process while managing the firm’s team of Project Managers.
- Conduct site visits in an efficient manner across multiple active projects.
- Prepare and review Exterior Colour Packages for clients.
- Attend and conduct presentations and meetings with various external parties, such as town staff, councillors and clients.
- Prepare Design Review Reports for municipalities.
Please email us at email@example.com.